Semantic Checker for Firefox
Created and maintained by Nico Steiner
Semantic Checker is a Firefox Extension highlighting semantic elements in your document.
In the current version Semantic Checker highlights the following elements
Semantic HTML4 elements
- abbr, acronym
- h1-h6, caption
- blockquote, cite
- dl, dir, menu
- em, strong
- code, dfn, address, legend, samp
Semantic HTML5 elements
- article, aside, header, footer, nav, dialog
- figure, mark, meter, audio, video, progress, time, command, datagrid, details, datalist, keygen, bb, outpu, ruby
- datetime, datetime-local, date, month, week, time, number, range, email, url, search, color
HTML5 elements "in preparation"
- HTML4 elements, which have an id or a classname equal to the HTML5 element names are highlighted as HTML5 elements "in preparation". This feature is inspired by an article of Jon Tan.
- hCard, hCalendar
- rel-license, rel-nofollow, rel-tag
- Vote Links
Go to the Mozilla Addon-Site to download the current version of Semantic Checker.
For discussions or issues go to Semantic Checker Google Group.
Even more Semantic
There are some more useful tools increasing the semantic of your page. Semantic Data Extractor is a On-line service of the W3C. The Web Developer Extension has some useful features like showing the document outline for checking correct headline hierarchy.